Support the Schuylkill River Heritage Area
Your membership donation supports the Schuylkill River Trail, the Schuylkill River Sojourn and the many other projects and programs that benefit the entire Schuylkill River region.
Prefer to pay by check? Click Here to download a copy of our newly updated Membership Brochure.
- Donor...........................$100 to $499
- Patron..........................$500 to $999
- Riverkeeper................. $1,000 and up
- Business/Corporate.....$500 & up
Please note: All donations of $25 or above are automatically entered as membership donations or renewals. If you would prefer to donate without becoming a member, please let us know by calling 484-945-0200, or email email@example.com.
All members receive regular newsletters, invitations to our annual meeting and other Heritage Area events held throughout the year, and a 20% discount on Heritage Area merchandise. Memberships of $50 and up receive 10% discount on Schuylkill River Sojourn and other selected events.
Your Donation Helps Us:
- Build & Maintain the Schuylkill River Trail: Did you know that the Schuylkill River Heritage Area is directly responsible for building the trail in Berks and Schuylkill Counties? We operate and maintain 28 trail miles without benefit of federal, state or local tax dollars.
- Organize the Schuylkill River Sojourn: For 16 years, we have promoted recreational use of the river through this 112-mile, weeklong event. Over 3,000 registrants from 20 states and Canada have participated.
- Promote Tourism and River History: Our River of Revolutions Interpretive Center tells the history of the Schuylkill River region and highlights recreational opportunities and visitor sites.
- Improve the Trail: We have worked with our partners to make the entire trail more accessible by creating a full-color trail map, a uniform sign system and improved trailheads.
- Manage the Schuylkill River Water Trail: Water Trail maps, signs and landings make the river more accessible and safer for recreational boaters.
- Encourage Recreation: Bike Schuylkill and Bike Pottstown, our free bike share, is now available in Pottstown, Phoenixville and Hamburg.
- Revitalize Communities: Through our Heritage Towns and Tours program, we are helping Schuylkill River Trail communities become heritage destinations.
- Clean the River: The Heritage Area oversees the Schuylkill River Restoration Fund, which has supplied more than $2 million since 2006 to projects that improve water quality in the river, a source of drinking water for over 1.5 million people.