John Bartram Association




In the mid-1800s the Bartram homestead and garden were purchased by Philadelphia industrialist Andrew M. Eastwick, who resolved to preserve the Bartram legacy. In 1891 the City of Philadelphia bought the property as a public park and historic site. The non-profit John Bartram Association formed in 1893 to assist the City with care of the site.

Contact Information


website: Visit Official Web Site


Related information
Site: Bartram's Garden

Regional Location

Regional Map
view all Schuykill River Heritage areas